Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Nothing Worth Having Comes Easy Part 2


 

Friday Morning, day of Plus Night Out 2013.  Here I am scrambling to get my son and I ready for the day after my inefficient 3 hour 'nap' that night. Teeth Brushed, Pancakes made, eaten and all dressed to go my baby is at school while I have to figure whether my make-up artist can make it cause she had a prior obligation and wasn't sure if she would be able to glam me up before the big event... MAJOR dilemma as I CAN NOT walk into Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC for one of the biggest Plus Night Fashion events of the year without a professionally beat face.  In total damage control mode, I move to figure out a plan B.. Brainstorming with my good friend Anjerie, she suggests her friend whom I've met before Phoenix Bullen of FashionizKaotic,  a well know NYFW Make-Up artist and creator of her own fabulous lip scrubs, to come through for me CLUTCH. We waited and waited  for the in demand MUA to get back to me as I was aware via her Facebook she was up just as late as I was with all this NYFW 'Kaos'. She gets back to me and we schedule a time so I can roll my hair and get all the other beautification processes underway.

(FashionIzKaotic and Lucky Lucy Brand Ambassador Phoenix Bullen's Lip Scrub and Business Card... More products coming soon!!!)


Its now 1pm and Phoenix arrives to save the day!! So happy she was able to come through last min you have NO IDEA!!!  Professional and ready to rock  I describe to her what Barbie's vision was for the dress... Dark and dramatic smoky eyes with a deep red lip. Phoenix gave my face a major 'PowPow' doing so in great timing so that I could book it to Harlem, dress with Barbie and then shoot straight over to Hotel Pennsylvania to begin my interviews.
(Phoneix Bullen of FashionIzKaotic MUA Before Shot)

(Phoenix Bullen of FashionizKaotic MUA Transformation Shot)

(Phoenix Bullen of FashionIzKaotic MUA After pic of Me for PNO 2013)

I literally am RUNNING to make it to Harlem by 330 and thank God I managed to get there in time. Both Barbie Armstong of the Epitome of Sexy and her assistant, Rosa, scramble to get me out the door. We unroll hair, touch up make up, adjust boobs and now I am off to Plus Night Out. I have a few special moments to myself which I use to gain my thoughts and focus on what I'm heading out to do. This is going to be fun..

My special someone is texting me and being his usual supportive self but I take it in stride because we are not in sync at the moment. His love is another thing I believed was worth it, but just never came easy so I'm beginning to make amends to move forward.  Six months is a long enough time for me to make peace with how our relationship is not transpiring how I had hoped. I desire him... more than anything.. but what I seek in any all and all types of relationships, whether business or personal, is to feel peace within my mind, heart and spirit when moving forward. For me there were too many disappearing games on his side to have these feelings continue towards him and no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise he just wasn't willing to love me the way I need, want and deserve. The saddest part of it all is I love him more than he believes I do.. or wants to believe I do and that leaves me with feeling unsure as to what his true intentions were with me. When I try to communicate my feelings he makes like he understands and that somehow we'll be ok but soon after I'm met with disappointment in what I call 'The Same Ol' Two Step" ... That's what hurts most. I trust he has the best intentions but his actions are an insane amount of decibels louder than his words. My happiness is of great importance to me and seeing how I know my worth I have to take a step back and remind him and myself "Aint Nobody Got Time For That!!" Mutual love and respect should not be forced so on that note.......

I arrive to Hotel Pennsylvania and in true Nicole fashion I am breaking necks. Mello Andrews, CEO/Editor and Chief of Full Blossom Magazine has not yet arrived and so I get a head start on some informal interviews introducing myself on behalf of the company. Plus night out attendees where greeted by lovely models all uniformed in green and cream colored outfits. I spotted Curvy Models Rocks Cover Contest Winner Michela Cheri and my girl Techla IslandMusiq Nesbett as two of my welcoming models.



I make my way backstage and my first encounter is with Dyna Reeves of Intimates Plus. We hit it off so well and I immediately fell in love with her and her collection! We discussed how she began her boutique store and much like a lot of plus fashion entrepreneurs, she had trouble finding lingerie made for the fuller figure. Dyna sought change by seeking quality lingerie designs and making them accessible to the public via her website and boutique. Intimates Plus offers lingerie in sizes 10 +. 

Some other designers I fell in love with were Serita Bell, with her modern day women's wear collection, you will see Serita has designed by taking inspiration from styles seen on the busy streets of NYC, making them accessible to the curvy woman.   Another great designer duo are Shuchi Sharma and Anjula Sharma, the ladies of F3 Full Figures Fashionista.  With their fashion forward line you will find some funky go to pieces that can be taken from the office to the club. Make sure you check back with them on Sept 25th for the relaunch of their website. I promise you will NOT be disappointed!

Lastly before the chaos of the night ensued I got to speak with JustRamona of JustRamonaEnv New York , designer and reality TV star of Lifetimes 24 Hour Catwalk. When speaking with her about the collection I was really excited to see color. Dressed in all black I had felt the need to stress to her my LOVE vibrant colors on the full figure. With Raymona's history as a patternmaker we saw her execute a great pattern on this wonderfully designed maxi dress with hoodie to wrap around for fall. Loved this collection but talking with Raymona and understanding how she developed as a designer was really the most inspiring part.

Mello, Co-Founder and Editor and Chief of Full Blossom Magazine has arrived as I make my way to the entrance where everyone can be seen. With interviews and photo ops conducted, I myself got to talk with former Ford model Catherine Shuller who is now working with Yotel in NYC to bring us ALL INCLUSIVE Fashion Shows which will feature Standard and Plus Size Models as a way to bridge the gaps between what should be one huge fashion force!!  I made mention of how much I fell in love with Catherine's spirit at a Full Blossom event around my birthday in February. In a room full of wall flowers it was Catherine who managed to get the party started on the dance floor!! I'm so excited for Catherine Schuller and look forward to hearing more about these up coming fashion shows which will be hosted by Ms. Schuller herself at The Yotel, NYC... STAY TUNED!!

(The incredible Catherine Shuller and I during our interview for Full Blossom TV... Photo Courtesy of Full Blossom Magazine)
 

Now every one is making their way to their seats so the show can begin. I spy with my little eye Gwen DeVoe, Creator of Full Figured Fashion Week and Monique Walton Creative Director of Ashley Stewart. Jovanna Reyes, visionary behind Plus Night Out, sets off the evening and then passes the Mic over to Plus Night Out's MC , Joanne Borgella, Designer & Nuvo TV Curvy Girls Reality TV Star. The Show begins and All the designers I spoke with backstage did not disappoint with their collections. Even the designers I did not get to speak with such as Chocolate Sushi Couture, Cotrice, or the Corporate Sponsor of the evening, Ashley Stewart all had Stellar Collections and I was truly blown away at how much Plus Fashion has grown over the years. 

I loved the print and look of Ashley Stewarts Blackcherry Houndstooth Jeggings. The curves filled out really nicely and the pattern was noticeable but not distracting. Overall, the feel of the collection is contemporary attire which can easily be worn from the office to an evening out. We are seeing a lot of burgundy in this seasons AS Collection. I enjoyed the funky HoundStooth prints found on a few of the designs AS has implemented this season in both pants and tops. This Houndstooth styled dress from Ashley Stewart is one I need in my collection ASAP!!
 
Mid way during the show the raunchy and insanely hysterical comedienne Luenell made a special appearance!!! I have been a fan of hers since seeing her perform during Kat Williams American Hustle Comedy special. She was digging the Ashley Stewart Collection and after being called out by our Hostess she comedically ran over to the Ashley Stewart ladies to talk some 'business'.
 
It was certainly a special evening for curvy fashions and the women who wear them. Many beautiful models were present including the likes of my fellow Full Blossom Faces Michele Hilton & Andrea Jackson, Nicole Zepeda, Stephanie Mallik, and Ask Mocha, Runway Diva Jeannie Ferguson of B.G.U clothing and I got to meet former Face of Full Figure Fashion Week Vanessa Delarosa, just to name a very small few as there was no shortage of beautiful women representing for the curvy girls.

(The Gorgeous Ask Mocha Backstage during PNO 2013)
 
(Personality, Charm and Beauty Nicole Zepeda Showing all smiles Backstage for PNO 2013)
 


The party wasn't over yet!! Full Blossom was hosting the official Plus Night Out after party at The Stellan NYC and most all the models were sure to be in the building to let loose after an extreme long day of prepping and strutting. After a brief time spent networking I made my way to the model changing area to put on my second look of the night so I can head over to the after party where I was going to meet with my friend Andre the photographer. You all remember him, don't you??
 
To Be Continued.......









No comments:

Post a Comment