Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Let's hear it for YOUR CURVES!!!


I love my curves.. This is no secret..  Since I believe there is no better way to celebrate your body than moving that Twerkable Tush to the music your curves naturally 'Turn Up' to, I've taken the liberty of compiling Songs which Celebrate our Lusciousness!! Music and Artists who show nothing but LOVE for the "Big Girls"!!! How Dope is that!!!

First up MICA!! With his song singing what we all already know which is  'Big Girls Are Beautiful!!'' ok maaaaayyybe I get thrown off a bit by the "walks in to the room, feels like a big balloon" part but its backed by the super light hearted, Fun and Celebratory Themed Video with all types of Buxom Beauties dancing Carnival Style in the street. Love the natural feel to this music video as the crowd seems to be drawn in organically.. POW!! That's the Power of Plentiful Curves Baby!!

(Mica, Big Girl You Are Beautiful)

 
Next up is a classic... NOT ONLY cause we have Freddie Mercury on the vocals with his Legendary Band Queen but how awesome is it to hear about a boys coming of age tale with a Fat Bottom Girl Putting it on him SO GOOD he just had to Write a Song About it!!! Queen Reppin for My Queens!!!

(Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls)
 
 
Now when it comes to Reggae we all know about Romy and her big Fat Sister Naomi right?? But how many of you know about 'Sweet Suga Dumplins'?? Well let me tell YOU something.. This song was a childhood favorite about a man who does not shy away from the 'Fatti Bum Bum' and wants his intended to not feel ashamed about her size.. IRE!!!
 
(Carl Malcolm, Fatti Bum Bum)

Now this next song can be heard in the club and I swear when the DJ's play it its cause they see me breaking it DOWN on the Dance Floor!! With strong house and hip hop elements this song is way too much fun and will definitely water your wallflower. Next time you see me in the club make sure you "Watch out for the Big Girl"!! B MORE STAND UP!!!

(Baltimore Club Music, Watch Out For the Big Girls)
 
This song was re-introduced to me by my favorite Hood Aunt, Tina... (We all have one of those right?? Well if not get one.. You will always be entertained) Anyways, I remember crying over a dude back in the day and Tina, in Hood Auntie fashion, begins yelling at me..  Her words were, and I quote.. "Bitch! You crying over a Man?? WHAT?? WHY?? You are built like MUTHAFUCKIN' BRICKHOUSE...  Now Stop that Crying!!!" I was so in shock cause here I am wanting just a little sympathy but nope you won't get that from Hood Auntie.. And that's why we love her. Infamous for 'Aint Holdin Nothing Back' Hood Auntie Tina reminded me, if some man got you feeling down about who you are, kindly remind him and yourself how YOU TOO are a MuthaFuckin' Brickhouse and can surely make ANY MAN fall to his knees... Shake it Down, Shake it Down Down!!!!
 
(Commadores, Brickhouse)
 
Indie Soul Artist Anthony Hamilton takes it down a notch walking us into the chill zone with talks of enjoying a lovely stroll with 'Sista Big Bones'. Don't let the smooth vibe fool you.. Mr. Hamilton's  intentions are not all that innocent.. Who would mind taking the long way home with him Serenading your curves?? NOT I!! Shout out to Mo'nique for repping the big girls, even with her significant weight loss!!Congrats Boo!! (Someone tell Mo'nique I Luff Her!!!)
 
(Anthony Hamilton, Sista Big Bones)
 
 
Before I let you go I wanted to share my love for the Underground Music Scene in New York. I Bring you Mr Flint's "The Bigger they Are" music video celebrating Full Figures and using some of NYC's Hottest Plus Size Models as Video Vixens!! I spy with my little eye Techla IslandMusiq Nesbitt, YumYum, Vanessa mays-Hinds, and my Plus Model Sis/Fellow Face of Full Blossom Magazine Michele Hilton. I was SUPPOSED to be on the roster but I had another event scheduled that day.. Looked like A LOT of Fun though!!
 
 
 
 
 
 I know there are SO MANY more songs to be added to this list so let's get interactive!!  Hit me up with what Music Muses your Body and has you feelin' yourself on the dance floor or better yet... In the Bedroom.... Oh Yea!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment